It’s that time of the month again! I am bringing you another fabulous SLPreneur who is rocking the field of speech pathology. Today, Kandice from Sparkly Speech Girl was nice enough to answer some questions for me. When I met on her IG, she was an SLP in California. But this year, she moved to my great state of Texas…how have I not gotten to meet up with her yet? Fingers crossed I get to formally meet her at TSHA next week!!!
- How long have you been an SLP?
This is my 8th year as a SLP.
2. What setting are you in currently?
I am working full-time in the school setting , currently at a Charter school serving Pre-K through 12th grade. I also work part-time for a private company seeing kids in the home for speech therapy.
3. Tell your favorite area of speech therapy to address.
I like early intervention and articulation. And I love themed therapy!
4. What is your favorite product in your TpT store? (If you have one)
I love my brand new product: Farm Animals Articulation and Language No Prep, Print and Go Packet. I love that it is no-prep, comes in color or black and white options and great for a animals or farm theme!
5. Do you have a blog? What’s your favorite post? It doesn’t have to be the most popular one.
I do not have a blog…yet
6. What is one piece of advice you would give to new SLPs in the field?
Find a SLP mentor! I still keep in touch with my mentor and she has helped me with so many things such as report writing, IEP meetings and letters of recommendation for new jobs. It has been a blessing to have her in my life!
7. Favorite way to self-care:
Gym time and treating myself to a manicure and pedicure.
8. What book would you recommend? Doesn’t have to be a speech book.
I am actually not much of a reader but I love podcasts! My favorite speech ones are “Speechie Side Up” and “Real Talk SLP”.
Can’t get enough of SLPreneur Saturday? Check out the first interview with Kelly from Thumb Bunny Speech!